Full-time international students and exchange students studying at the University of Malta are represented by ESN UM. ESN UM is a senate recognized student society since 2011 and has since grown to become the most popular student organisation on campus! ESN University of Malta is a local section of ESN Malta, its role is to facilitate the social integration of international students to the University, to assist our foreign guests as much as possible and to act as a contact point, by organising countless weekly social activities, parties and trips abroad. ESN UM is the only student society that welcomes international and exchange students on campus, helps them make the most of their time in Malta and enables local and international students to meet and get to know each other.
To join the ESN UM Board you must be enrolled at the University of Malta at any level. Your work with ESN University of Malta will be recognized by Degree+.
Interested in being part of the international community on campus? Then become a board member for 2021/2022 and be in charge of running the organisation. Read on to discover how you can become a board member:
The application deadline is 31 August 2021
The president is responsible for the external outreach and visibility of ESN UM and represents the local section and the University of Malta and its interests. As president, you will need to maintain strong contact with the National Board, the University of Malta International Office, the Pro-Rector for internationalisation, commercial and institutional partners, other student societies as well as KSU.
We are looking for an ambitious, persistent and dedicated leader who has a vision, as well as the mind for strategy! Do you have a passion for turning your ideas into reality and would like to work on representing international students at the University of Malta? Then you sound like our future President!
President's To-Do List:
- Head of the ESN UM and of the Board
- Represent ESN towards various stakeholders in Malta
- Represent the interests of international students and the wider international community in Malta
- Maintain and build up the relationship between ESN UM and various University of Malta stakeholders such as the International Office and KSU and other student organisations
- Actively advocate for the implementation and development of new policies connected to international student exchange mobility
- Promote and encourage local students to take part in an international student exchange mobility programme like Erasmus
- Strategic planning and task coordination
- Act as a link between ESN UM and the National/International level of ESN
Reasons to Apply:
- Lead the organisation and contribute to the ambitious aim to impact the experience of international students in the county
- Lead a diverse team t to achieve strategic goals to improve learning mobility in the society
- Create impact in the society
- Improve the image of ESN in the eyes of the stakeholders as a key organisation in the field of international student exchange and learning mobility
- Think outside the box
- Build a network of professional contacts
- Acquire practical experience outside of your university degree
- Expand your social network
The vice-president focuses on the internal day-to-day operations of ESN UM and coordinates and manages all the different teams and committees. You will also be expected to attract new volunteers to join the section and work together with the National HR Manager.
We are looking for a patient and resilient multitasker who isn't afraid of a full task list and an extensive about of responsibility. Are you a team player who isn't afraid to rely on others but is also self-motivated to work individually? What a coincidence, you sound like our next Vice-President!
Vice-President's To-Do Li:
- To assist and support the president
- Coordinator of human resources
- Coordinator of the strategic plan to enforce policies and objectives
- Manage the access to information, as well as the communication flow in the organisation
- Supervise recruitment and onboarding activities in the organisation
- Oversee each different team
Reasons to Apply:
- Develop and support future leaders of ESN and contribute to the sustainability of the organisation
- Develop sections and volunteers to be able to fulfil the mission, vision and values of ESN
- Learn how to manage non-profit organisations; Learn how to manage diverse and remote teams.
- Create a dynamic, positive, safe and supportive work environment for the volunteers
- Develop your interpersonal competence
- Think outside of the box
- Acquire practical experience
- Expand your social network
- Meet and learn from like-minded people in the field of education.
The Organisation Secretary is one of the most important roles within ESN UM. The Secretary ensures that ESN UM complies with all ESN Malta and ESN International legal documents and operates according to law and University of Malta Student Society Regulations.
- Assist the Vice-President
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted
- Maintaining effective records and administration
- Upholding legal requirements
- Updating and preparing all records and reports
- Liaise with KSU and other student societies
- Organisational management
- Task focused
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Project management
Ideal Candidates: Business Management students/recent graduates, Business Administration students/recent graduates, Law students/recent graduates, Legal Procurator students/recent graduates, Accountancy students/recent graduates, Public Administration students/recent graduates, International Relations students/recent graduates, European Studies students/recent graduates.
The Communication Manager is responsible for public relations and the perception of ESN UM. As Communication Manager, you will need to develop the communication strategy for the Section and manage the Communication and Content Team.
As Events Manager your main responsibility is to create the calendar of events for the year and to manage the Events & Leisure Team.
We're looking for a flexible person who isn't afraid to break the ice! Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker who always has a backup plan up their sleeve? You sound exactly like our next Event Manager!
Events Manager's To-Do List:
- Operations and execution of events
- Plan and supervise events
- Be informed about our partners and how they may contribute and assist in the implementation of the event
- Ensure that quality standards and agreements from suppliers are met
- Planning, implementation and promotion of student activities
- Ensure that active members contribute to the successful organisation of the event
- Disseminate information about the event
- Gather feedback and propose future improvements
Reasons to Apply: